Pages

Sunday 28 February 2010

Origami Valentine card

I love taking part in the card swaps on the Craft Telly forum, especially the secret swaps, where we play guessing games on the forum to try to identify the sender of each card.
I made this origami Valentines card for a recent secret swap - and no one managed to guess that it was from me :-)
These cards look quite complicated, but actually the process is really simple once you get the hang of it.
I made the origami panels from a selection of red patterned 12 x 12" papers (which makes 6" square panels).
You can of course also use smaller sheets of square paper to make a more compact book.
Once the basic book was made, I had fun embellishing the inside with a selection of stickers, brads, chipboard and flowers.

The topper on the front is cut from GoCreate dies, I've added a ribbon to tie the card together.
I followed this very clear YouTube tutorial to make the card:

No comments: