Pages

Tuesday 16 February 2010

Kanban Autumn Garden cards part 3

I love these flamboyant butterfly toppers from the Kanban Autumn Garden collection. The large ones have an extra body piece with can be mounted with silicone adhesive or foam pads for a 3D effect. I used two butterflies to a card as I thought they made beautiful pairs, but you could of course use them singly and get more cards out of the topper sheet.
I've used mats made with shimmer pearlescent card and Cuttlebug embossing folders at the centre of each card (the corners have been rounded with a corner chomper), for the one below I added an extra mat from gold mirri card. I've used a sentiment from Craftwork Cards on each card too, with a mat cut using the smallest scalloped circle nestabilities die. The card above has foiled butterfly ribbons from the Kanban Autumn Garden Coffee die cut ribbons sheet.
The first card is made from the Kanban A4 foiled Autumn Leaves, Copper card sheet, with the header cut off and folded in half. The second is a 10" x 7" card covered in a K & Co background paper and the card above is a purple Kanban foiled A4 card. I've added a few bling and pearl gems to the embossed mat on this card.
The Kanban die cut topper sheet that I used to make the cards is pictured above.

1 comment:

Vince B said...

These cards are all gorgeous Gill.
My favourite is the purple one though they're all lovely.
I'm certainly going to be getting these toppers - good old Kanban, never lets us down ;0)